Located in Portugal, in the heart of Moca Creme extraction, Mocamar Limestone marks its place with its own quarry with approximately 10 hectares to explore. Founded in 1982, it has early adapted to customer needs and the changing industry and will continue to do so in the future, because at Mocamar we know that every day we have more to learn, adapt and evolve.
Mocamar Limestone is not only the stone that sells, Mocamar Limestone are all who work with the stone, from its starter to the final product, are all who look at the stone proud to know that we have at hand one of the most fascinating materials, after all, every stone is unique and a piece of us all, and that brings us to the best path - working with dedication and passion for what we do today and every day.
- 1982: The beginning of company activity with early exploration of quarry No. 1 in the Mocha-Cream zone
- 1982: The beginning of exploration of quarry # 2 in the Brecha de Sº Antonio zone.
- 1985: The beginning of exploration of quarry # 3 in the Mocha-Cream zone
- 2013: With the expansion of quarry # 3 and licensing for quarry # 4, the company now has 20 hectares of exploration in the mocha-cream zone
- 2014: The Beginning of exploration of quarry # 4 in the Mocha-Cream zone
- 1993: The construction of a block yard, equipped with a crane and two Mono-blades.
- 1996: The construction of the first pavilion with about 900m2, equipped with an indoor crane, a mill, two cutting machines, a tile polishing machine and an area for finishing molded pieces.
- 1998: The construction of another pavilion with 900m2, equipped with an indoor crane and a slab polishing machine.
- 2003: With the closure of the external block yard, this gave way to the construction of a new building with more than 2200m2, which increased the companies covered area to more than 4000m2. This new space was equipped with an overhead crane with a load capacity of 32 tons, an overhead crane with a load capacity of 5 tons, 2 mono-wire rollers and a tile cutting machine.
- 2007: The construction a new tile polishing line, with automatic conveyer for cutting, beveling, drying and cleaning.
- 2014: Updated equipment and reorganization of space: the acquisition of another CNC cutting machine with 5-axis, the integration of the cutting process into one pavilion and relying on a digital stock system of all products available, puts the company at the forefront of the industry in Portugal.
Mocamar, 32 years satisfying your needs ...